Why Private Money
by Alan Cowgill
This topic is near and dear to my
heart. When I started my RE career, I heard about the necessity of
finding private lenders. In fact I even found two. But then I stopped.
For four years I PROCRASTINATED. I didn't get it!!! For four years I
continued to go to banks and jump through their hoops. I also had used
hard money lenders, but found them VERY expensive.
It wasn't until I quit my J.O.B. and found that banks wouldn't loan me
money that I realized that I needed to bring private lenders into my
When I took that step, everything changed for the better.
What are some of the advantages of using private money for your real
estate investments? Well, if you haven't decided whether or not to use
private money, I decided to lay it on the line here for everyone to see.
- Fast & you can buy at a discount
- No credit check & doesn't show up on your credit report
- Unlimited funds
- Control, you set the rules
- Help friends, family & meet a great group of people
- Get some of your profit when you buy
- Cash flow
- Can make offers with confidence
- Can structure quick and more profitable exit strategies
- Saves you money
- Cheaper than a partner
- Fund the purchase of defaulted paper
- It is the foundation for a very profitable brokerage business
this business when a deal comes along you have to move fast. Many
investors have watched a deal slip through their hands while they
waited for the bank to approve their loan. Once you have private money
available, that won't happen to you! You can make an offer knowing you
can go ahead and set a closing date. Meanwhile, your competition is
wondering how you did it so quickly!
For more information on Alan Cowgill go to: www.investingwiththestars.net/alan.htm
Investing with the Stars