In this article, I list the 10 most important items that I feel increase the quick sale of your rehabbed house and how to make the best first impression when buyers are looking at your house.
1. Increase the curb appeal of the house. The entrance needs to be immaculate. Paint and polish around the front door as necessary. Mow the lawn and trim bushes regularly.
2. A fresh coat of paint everywhere is your best investment. In particular, check the stairwells and halls. Use light neutral colors such as light tan, cream or soft yellow. These colors add to the feeling of open and clean space.
3. Pressure wash and paint exterior siding, trim and deck.
4. Open the curtains and the shade to let light in and help rooms look larger. Replace all lightbulbs with the highest safe wattage. You can buy energy efficient light bulbs now too. Turn on the lights whenever the house is going to be shown. Light candles for the aroma of "homey" feeling such as apple and spice, pumpkin pie, etc.
5. Make sure house is clean everywhere.
6. A sparkling kitchen and bath will do more to sell a house than anything else. This is where women spend most of their time and they want a nice kitchen the most!
7. Storage is important, especially in a house without a basement. Clean out every closet. Replace the shelving with ventilated shelves if they haven't been already.
8. Avoid clutter at all costs. Put excess furniture and storage in boxes in a rented storage space elsewhere. You'll be glad you did.
9. Keep pets contained or outdoors when showing the house.
10. Set the stage when the house is being show. Accessorize a vacant house, turn on the lights, open shades, and play soft music.
All of these points will help you sell your house much quicker. Remember it is all about first impressions when buying a house. You want your buyer to image themselves living there and then they will buy!
Nancy Geils, Owner, Investing with the Stars
For more information and to sign up for my free Weekly Advanced Real Estate Trainings go to: